The Catholic Women’s Cub of Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church promotes spiritual and social activities for the general welfare of the parish. The Women’s Club is comprised of the women members of our parish.
The meet the first Monday of each month at 12:30 PM in Hall B. The meeting schedule goes from the First Monday of September to the closing tea the First Monday of May. Dues are $10 per year.
The ladies attend a Corporate Mass on the first Sunday of each month throughout the year at the 11:00 AM Mass. The ladies also gather for Devotions to the Blessed Mother on the first Saturday of each month immediately following the 8:00 AM Morning Mass in the Chapel. We serve coffee & donuts in the parish hall afterwards.
The key fundraising activities that the Catholic Women’s Club host are:
- Military Card Party
- Tricky Tray
Other activities that the Women’s Club take part in for the church are:
- All Souls Mass & Reception in conjunction with the Lazarus Ministry. The CWC assist in hospitality in the church and then host a reception for the families in the parish hall.
- Marriage Jubilee Mass & Reception – This special liturgy honors the married couples in our parish who celebrate the anniversaries of 25, 50 or more years. They decorate the church and have a luncheon for the couples and their guests afterwards.
- Sacramental Receptions – Each year the women’s club members volunteer to host the receptions for the children of our Religious Education Program who are making the Sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation.
In many of the activities that take place in the church, you will find members of the Catholic Women’s Club volunteers their time, talent and treasures as members of other ministries. They volunteer their time as: Eucharistic Ministers, Readers, Greeters, Ushers, Cleaning the Altar Linens, Volunteering in the Gift Shop, making rosaries for third world countries, hospitals & nursing homes as part of the Divine Mercy Prayer and Rosary Makers, Assisting the Lazarus Committee and Volunteering in the Office. The members of the CWC are vital to the success of many of these ministries, and we thank them for their many years of dedicated service to our parish!!
And more importantly, the fundraising efforts of the CWC benefit many organizations, not just in our church, but in our community, county and worldwide charitable organizations. Recipients of their fundraising efforts are:
- Helping Hands
- Good Counsel Camp
- Marriage Jubilee Celebration
- Heifer International
- Habitat for Humanity
- OLF Religious Education Program
- Citrus County Right to Life
- Citrus High School Project Graduation
- Breast Cancer Marathon
- Lazarus Ministry
- Respect Life, Walk for Life
- Boys & Girls Club of Citrus County